May we know strong women -
My best friend in high school just lost her mother after an eight year battle with breast cancer. She cared for her during her illness and her mother was a great example of a strong woman. She fought a brave fight until the end and left a legacy of love for her family.
My friend Brooke just ran her first marathon. Way to go Brooke!!!!
My Mother takes care of my 90 year old grandmother while she, herself, battles scerosis and kidney disease. She is kind and patient and has always been a wonderful example of charity and service.
Five generations ...my Grandma, My Mom, my sister, niece and great neice.
My friend Andrea is a busy mother of three active boys. She has a special needs child and thru the years I have seen her fight for his rights and health care so he can have as many opportunites as other children as possible. She is full of life and is a great example of strength to me.
May we be strong women -
May we be strong women -
I have many examples in my life of strong women. Lately, I have re-committed myself to read my scriptures and take time for personal prayer daily. I love our family prayer but I feel I need to make time for talking to my Heavenly Father daily. My children are my inspiration for being a better mother. I have a wonderful supportive husband who helps me be the best me. I asked my Mother and sisters to pray specifically for help for Matthew and some recent struggles he was having. I could feel the prayers offered on our behalf and at parent teacher conferences I had five understanding and so willing to help teachers that I have no doubt in my mind that their hearts were softened by the prayers of my family. This is, I tell you, the first conference where I have left this hopeful and had so many offered solutions. Though Matt's struggles cannot be taken away - we have been blessed by the prayer and faith of others.
Kenna, Nana, Mel and Matt
May we raise strong women -
My little Makenna recently turned twelve. She is now in young women's and is beautiful and intelligent. She see's the needs of other's and wants to make it better. She has dreams and goals and is committed in making them come true. Thank you, to all the strong women who are examples to her. She is a wonderful cook and has no fear in trying new recipes. Her latest creation was dessert crepes. I hope I can teach her to know she is a daughter of a Heavenly Father who knows and loves her and she can in return, teacher her daughter's the same thing.
Kristen just went on her first date. She is so talented and has such a strong hold on her beliefs. I am very lucky to have her in my life and call her daughter.
Kenna & Kristen at Bear Lake
Kristen showing off her driver's license
I could have a list a mile long and mention you all...my friends and family. May you continue to bless the lives of others thru your strength and abilities!!!


1 comment:
Oh my goodness, what a neat post! So inspirational. =) You are definitely an example of a "strong woman" in my life and I'm so glad to know you! :) I can't believe Kristen can drive and went on a date...aaagghghghh! And McKenna in Young Womens? Good grief! =0)
Post a Comment