Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Sweet Smell Of...

I have recently added the smell of sawdust to my favorite holiday smells :) ...pine bows, peppermint, cookies baking, wassail and gingerbread!

Jeff and Shawn worked hard last weekend and Matt and Shawn were busy all day Saturday working on our kitchen remodel.  We put up the plastic again to minimize the dust - we are excited to have Shawn back in town for a while - the added bonus is he get's to work on the kitchen ;).























One of my favorite books as a child was "The Sweet Smells of Christmas". My Mother would read it to us every Christmas and let us take turns doing the scratch and sniff.  My children have a copy and we always make sure we include this in our holiday reading. 

I love how a smell can take you back, even years, or bring you comfort or bring back a special memory.  I hope you are all enjoying this magical time of year and taking the time to enjoy "The Sweet Smells of Christmas" what every your favorites may be.

1 comment:

Andrea Graves said...

That's some great progress! I can just tell that this is going to be one gorgeous kitchen! So exciting! :)