Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gratitude

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the door of heaven and helps us feel Gods love."  -Thomas S Monson













We hosted Thanksgiving this year. What a treat to have our first big day in our new kitchen. The kitchen still has a bit to go for completion but it was great working together all day cooking and preparing our big meal.

 Shawn carving the turkey...Libby patiently waiting for a little something to fall her way.












"The gang" - minus K and J.  We missed you guys!















Looks like the triptifan kicked in quickly this year - LOL!



















We also had a furry house guest this holiday - a darling schnauzer of our neighbors, chester.  What a delight he was to have.  







We ended our feast with everyone writing in our gratitude journal, which is actually lost at the moment but I had everyone write on paper that I will add when I dig thru the boxes we packed during construction to find it.  We have done this for about five years...there are usually groanes and whining but I cherish this book.  This year my neice wrote "I am thankful that Aunt Mel lost the "gratitue journal" ha ha.  Yes, I am that annoying aunt but I keep telling them, they will thank me some day :0)

No comments: