Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tender Mercies

I have been reluctant to post about a new turn my little world has taken with the news of a new church calling.  But I feel the need to share a few things today. 
I have yet, and will forever long to feel adequate.  But, I know I have alot to learn and I know that is the reason we are given new adventures in this life.
In the past few days on two seperate occasions, I called someone to offer a kind word and comfort.  I, in return, received many kind words and comfort instead.  In the midst of trial, illness or thier own heavy burdens, I heard the words come back "what can I do for you?"  I am humbled by the wonderful women who surround me every day.  My Mother, my sisters, my daughters, family and friends - new and old.
I would like to share the words from a song that has meant alot to me in the past few weeks.  Hugs!

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant He is and kind,
Love without end.

3 comments:

NikkiD said...

You are truly loved!!! I am so blessed to have you in my life...THANK YOU!!!!

flower2416 said...

What is your new calling? We so need to get together. Can I come visit soon, besides for lunch?

Andrea Graves said...

Sweetie, you are MADE for this calling! I ::know:: you will be awesome at it. Any ward would be lucky to have you as a RS Pres! :) HUGS