Friday, December 2, 2011

Blustery Day

Gopher: "If I was you, I'd think about skedaddlin' out of here."
Winnie The Pooh: "Why?"
Gopher: "Cause it's 'Winds-Day'."








Well - It wasn't windsday but early Thursday morning the wind's sure did come.  We woke up to two fallen trees, two large broken branches and damaged fences.  But, we also woke up to a reminder of why we love where we live.  Before my neighbor who I called for help (hubby was out of town) could come over...I was met in my yard by other neighbors with chainsaw in hand and the work began.
We cleared our trees out and then moved on to other neighbors to do the same.  In hurricane strength winds..it was sure an adventure.  Debris was flying around and we chased alot of garbage cans :)  Neighbors worked all day helping each other clear up tree's and cleaning up.  We are all very blessed to have just lost trees and to have avoided any major damage.
Good bye dear trees, we will miss your protection, beauty and shade but not raking your leaves in the fall.  Nothing personal ;)




1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sad to hear about your tree! :(