Sunday, April 15, 2012

Whats a Motto?

Nothing, what's a motto with you?  :} (Lion King? anyone catch that??)
This school year has not been without it's challenges.  We were in need of some direction.  Our house was a house of hours of homework, frustration and burn out.  I did a little reading and came across a great talk by M. Russell Ballard from the March 2004 New Era.  He talks about being positive and how we have control over our circumstances and attitude. 
He says, "We have to have faith in God, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and oh, how desperately we have to have faith in ourselves."
If we want more positive experiences, be positive.  It we want to move to higher ground ....we need to set worthy goals, develop self discipline and make our goals happen.
We are in charge of the spirit in our home, the atmosphere, the attitude and it needed some help.
As I thought more about the phrase moving to higher ground.... I discovered quotes, scriptures, and talks around this subject.  This was it!  This was our motto for this year.  Each good thing we choose to do, each improvement, each new study habit formed, each obstacle overcome, is a step to help achieve what we want to achieve.  Luckily my family was on board :D and we sealed the deal with a hike at antelope island. .






In his recent talk in General Conference, President Eyring quotes Spencer W. Kimball, "There are great challenges ahead of us, giant opportunities to be met.  I welcome that exciting prospect and feel to say to the Lord, humbly, 'Give me this mountain, give me these challenges."  Our challenges have been different and new thru these teenage parenting years, but I know if we climb one boulder at a time, it will work out all right!

1 comment:

Nat said...

Love this!! Thanks for sharing and offering such a great example! You are such an incredible mother.