Thursday, June 19, 2008

Green Thumb!

My little family was so nice to comply with my request to clear a little space to plant a garden this year. My TDH moved some bushes and spent a whole day adding soil and tilling the ground as the kids helped with weeding and such. Here are a few pictures of the progress so far. It is a very very small garden but has brought so much joy to us so far watching everything grow!

This is our first little bean that sprouted...How cute is this little guy!!
This is our garden today! We have beans, peas, carrots, tomatoes, zuchinni and cucumbers.
The kids have loved watching the peas grow!
This is Makenna in our herb garden. She likes to run out before dinner and then
bring in a little parsley for our plates! Too funny!
I have really enjoyed working in our yard this year. I am amazed daily at the
beauty Heavenly Father has blessed us with as I see flowers, trees and birds. What a fun
time of year!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so awesome. I started a very small garden this year, but I'm not as diligent as I should be or as much as Aaron would like me to be :)

Brooke said...

How CUTE!! I love that you have a garden now, looks yummy!

Mike said...

Is that what gardens are supposed to look like? Boy, do I feel sheepish. I'm thinkin we'll have to bask in the warm glow of fluorescent light as we pick our vegetables.

Nat said...

Good for you! I love gardens, and yours looks so great. I'm also impressed you've done an herb garden. I never would have thought of that, but how handy! You inspire me. :-)