Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flutterby

When I was little, my Mom would take us to a field by our home and we would look for milkweed plants. Monarch butterflies only lay their eggs on milkweed...so we would look for tiny eggs or caterpillars and then we would bring them home and put them in a jar. We would then watch this little catterpillar eat and eat and eat and then finally form a cocoon and eventually a beautiful butterfly!

TDH and I saw a patch of milkweed by the golf course the other day so I took the kids and we were successful. Here are the pics so far. Our little caterpillar is now in her cocoon and in about two weeks she will be a beautiful butterfly and we will be able to set her free!! Sweet dreams little caterpillar!



2 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun family activity!! =) I need to write some of these things down. =)

Rachel said...

That's a really fun thing for your kids!! You need to put pictures up when they become butterflies!