
Today the kids went back to school.
We had such a great summer.
We spent alot of time just hanging out.
Those who know me...know I am a
little particular when it comes to cleaning.
Here are a few things I have learned this summer:
1. Dirty dishes will be there when you get up (where is that dish fairy anyway)
2. You can still get to heaven with a dusty kitchen floor
3. Organizing the closet can wait until tomorrow - hey...even next week!
4. It's ok to just have a "day off"
5. If we all work together...we get the job done faster (#5 primarily for the kids-good job guys)
6. My children are my best friends
7. It's ok if someone drops by and your house isn't perfect
8. Together is a wonderful place to be
9. You can have fun with little or no money at all
10. I don't like folding laundry (one I already new just my distaste has grown lately)
Now a small confession...this weekend after a rejuvinating trip down the household
cleaning isle at Target...we cleaned the entire house,
the pets, dust mopped the ceilings and walls..washed the windows,
caught up the laundry and organinzed our pantry with "school lunch" stuff.
Hey...I am human after all :0) But I did relax alot this summer and kept a much more
relaxed cleaning schedule. This is a huge deal for me.
The kids are awesome helpers
so to you young Mom's..help is in the future...yea!!
We celebrated our usual way with going out for ice cream
after school. This is a great way to sit down with the kids and hear
all about their first day!!!


6 comments:
Man, every time I see a new picture of them they look older! What a fun post. =) I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your summer with your awesome kids. =) How fun!
I love the list. I think that I will type that up and put it on my fridge. You have the best kids! Thanks for sharing Makenna with us every once in a while, she's a great sitter!
Mel!
I finally sound your blog. Way cute1 I wish I could digital scrapbook but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Anyways let's be blogging buddies!
--Kristin
ok i meant to say "found" not sound but my right hand is hurt and in a wrap so oops!
I don't have a dishes fairy either or laundry or ironing...
I am glad you had a great summer.
Sounds like fun - at least the ice cream part! It's a lot of work to clean, but it's such an ice feeling when you're done. I was glad to hear, however, that I'm not the only one who hates laundry and can't seem to keep up with the dirty dishes. Alas! I hope the kids are enjoying school. I miss that fresh, new feeling of starting a new school year. Enjoy!
Post a Comment