Sunday, March 22, 2009

Growing Up


Matt brought home a driver's ed book the other day. Yikes.
Have I been in denial - maybe a little. He will be 16 on the sixth day
of November this year and can get his learner's permit as soon as next month.
Yikes, again.
We have spent the last two weeks busy registering Kenna for Jr High and Matt for
High School. Lately, when we see someone we haven't seen in a while - a comment is always made
on how the kids have grown. With seeing them everyday I guess I don't notice as much. But....the clothes shopping has increased so I guess that makes sense. Kenna can wear some of my shoes too - wow!
It is definitely a new chapter in my parenting carrer with a preteen and teenager.
My mother said this of raising three teenage girls..."One day you woke up and I didn't know who you were until you were 18. It was nice to have you back!" Too funny!!! I recently came across this quote by Sister Hinckley.

As you create a home, don’t get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don’t dwell on your failures, but think about your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.”
~Marjorie P. Hinckley~

What a great lady she was indeed.

1 comment:

allison said...

I cannot believe Matt will be able to drive. You are not old enough, you are still 28 arent' you? Wow they grow up way too fast.