Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Girls Night Out


Kenzie, Kenna & Kristen
I had the absolute privilege to attend the YW General Broadcast with my two darling daughters. What an amazing site - walking down the streets of SLC and seeing the hundreds of young women heading to the conference center. I am so proud of all of these young girls doing their best to be righteous daughters of our Father in Heaven.
The new value of "virtue" has been added to the young women's original seven values. What a wonderful thing to have our young women embrace this value.
The value of virtue has been given a symbolic color, like the other values. The color of virtue is gold because gold is pure. It shines. It is soft, not harsh or brash. It is precious. Gold must be refined. As you live a pure and virtuous life, you will be refined by your life’s experiences, and as you “trust in the Lord” (Proverbs 3:5) and draw closer to Him, He will “make [your] hearts as gold” (Roger Hoffman, “Consider the Lilies”). Elaine S. Dalton
I am so proud of my girls for standing for truth and righteousness. I am honored to be their Mom.


1 comment:

Nat said...

What a neat opportunity! I miss going to the YW broadcasts. They are so special! I'm so glad you got to go. And your daughters are beautiful!