Saturday, November 14, 2009

Back in Business

With our "carpenter" dad out of town alot lately...the remodeling updates have been few because there hasn't been much to update on...but our hard working pop was in town for a few days so we quickly sent him to the shop and here is a little update.  (Don't worry....I sent food in underneath the door ;)

Matt and Shawn brought up the base corner cabinet. This guy did not want to come up!  Shawn had to remove the whole door, casing and all, downstairs and let's just say there will be alot of patching and repainting the stairway when we get done :)


Here are some of the other cabinets.  Some are getting face frames and the huge fridge cabinet has been upstairs for a few weeks but I keep forgetting to take a picture of it but it's pretty impressive!!







Shawn is town for a few days again so he is hoping to get time this weekend to work on the kitchen.  We have played around with a few colors and finishes we like and that was kind of fun.  So despite my recent bouts of murmuring...I am so glad for the talent Shawn has to make such a beautiful kitchen for us.  Do you think his work will believe he has been "snowed in" if I keep him here?  Flight's been cancelled?? And there is that problem of the no door thing now...hmmmm.....on to plan B.........

2 comments:

Mike said...

I could arrange for an unfortunate accident to befall the pilot if you should so choose. Just let me know and I'll put a word into my friends.

Either that, or I hear the swine flu is a good excuse this time of year.

Melbell said...

Ooohhh - swine flu - now why didn't I think of that :D