Monday, March 8, 2010

Amazing

On our way to Makenna's basket ball game on Saturday we noticed a man stopped by the ponds and as we looked to see what he was looking at - Matt shouted from the back seat - LOOK - A BALD EAGLE!

















Just a stunning, gorgeous bird. This picture above was taken by Matt with my old Canon.  Sniff Sniff - how proud am I - because you know the first thing Matt and I said (being the photography geeks we are) to Kenna is "can we run back and get our camera's quick?" ha ha  You can see by the picture below, it was not hard to spot him as he sat among the crows in the tree.

















Matt said that when he flew off of the branch and circled the ponds....that all the seagles and a few other birds took off and flew behind him.  I think that's interesting...any bird watcher's out there know why?  I guess I would rather be flying behind him that in front of him.... :) ! 


























 It was surely one of those moments of being in the right place at the right time I think.  I am so glad to have been able to share it with my kids.  I am glad we have beautiful creatures like this and nature that have been created for us by a loving Heavenly Father to enjoy.  Spring...we are ready!!!!!!!

1 comment:

NikkiD said...

Gorgeous photography Matt and Melanie!!! We have the best "ponds" to view nature up close! I love living here and I'm glad that y'all captured these images!