Kenn and I found this gem......hilarious! Here are a few of our favs...............
Double Dipping Dilemma:
Question: What's the best way to handle a guest who is double dipping?
Answer: If you're the host and know the offender (love it) well, discreetly and politely-but firmly (love it more)-ask the person to stop. If the double dipping seems to have just begun, remove the dip to the kitchen and spoon out the tainted (killing me) part. If the dip is beyond redemption, toss it and put out a fresh bowl.
Ways To Be A Good Host:
Question: Is it ok to ask my guests to remove their shoes at the door?
Answer: Yes--as long as you're considerate about it. Offer guests slippers or non-skid :) socks so they won't be cold or embarrassed about showing their feet. (I am planning on slippers next time I visit ALL of your houses - I prefer pink - and fuzzy)
Fending Off Dinner Distasters:
Choking: (I know it's not a laughing matter but this one really struck me funny - I am wierd like that) If you choke on a bit of food and a sip of water doesn't take care of the problem, cover your mouth and dislodge the morsel with a good cough. If you are unable to cough or speak, gesture, grab an arm - to get a fellow diners help.
Food that's too hot: Quickly remove the scalding food with your utensil (seriously?) preferably not with your fingers and not into your napkin, and put it on the edge of the plate. (So I guess spitting it out is out of the question?)
Pretty fun stuff - I am all about good manners - maybe it's just the way it's written but we have read it out loud almost every day :) Pinkies Up!



1 comment:
Excuse me, but could you please refrain from tainting the dip for the rest of my guests?! Don't make me retire to the kitchen and remove the tainted portion. LOL! I can totally see you doing that, Melanie.
Post a Comment