Besides fall being filled with great holidays, many family birthdays, and cooler weather (though I have yet to see that this year :{ )...it is also time for canning.
Canning peaches is a family affair at our house.....Grandpa and Grandma S come over on a Saturday morning and we all pitch in and get the work done. I love this tradition. I am tickled that my kids know how to blanch a peach, how much sugar to add and how much fun working together can be :)
Happy fall y'all!


2 comments:
that is so much fun. I don't even know how to can, my mom and grandma's used to do it but not much any more. That is a great thing for you kids.
I also love your "Bees" for Visiting Teaching what a great idea. You are so cleaver.
Your peaches look gorgeous! I'm so impressed (but that is nothing new, lol, you're always doing amazing things).
I love that you get the whole family involved in canning. Reminds me of corn day for us! hehe
hugs
Post a Comment