Monday, April 21, 2008

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I have had a few people refer to the word "beauty" in my direction this week.
Though I don’t feel very beautiful – it is very nice to hear. It occurred to me - enjoy these words from loved ones, we often feel very UN beautiful (is that a word?) most days. Take what others see in you
and embrace it. They see our beauty on the inside. They will surely see more "beauty" than we will ever allow ourselves to see.
My tall dark and handsome – of course, always greet’s me on the phone this way “Hello Beautiful” or
“Hi Gorgeous” ...warms my heart.
I brought my Nana and Mom over for lunch the other day and my Nana said, Melanie
do you know you are beautiful?…I of course commented something sarcastic and threw
in an eye roll. She said you really are, I was just watching you walk past and thought
how beautiful you are. Thanks Nan!
Matt and I were sitting in my bed working on his homework last night and he said Mom, you are
beautiful. Well thanks Matt, followed by a signature eye roll.
What a sweet boy and yes - you still have to finish this homework, lol.

So, though none of the above statements have any truth to them– for what it is worth,
my husband who is blinded by love, my Son who doesn’t
know any better, or my dear almost legally blind Nana, think I am beautiful.

I'll take it.

3 comments:

Nat said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for the good reminder to accept compliments and embrace the worth others see in you.

And just for the record, I've always thought you are absolutely beautiful. And I'm not blinded by love (although I do love you), I do know better, and legally I have pretty good eyesight all around. :-)

Melbell said...

Natalie, you had me rolling on the floor with your comment! You are so funny!
Thanks for the kind words!! Love you!!

Brooke said...

It was so fun to read your last few posts! That Kenna is hilarious!! I wish I could see you guys more. And by the way, I have ALWAYS thought you were such a beautiful woman, both on the inside and out!! I hope to be like you (I'm being serious, although you probably won't accept it, but that's OK, just have to say it!!) =)