Friday, May 16, 2008

Meeting Stephanie-almost









Today, I went with my BFF to the channel 2 news
station to stalk our current favorite author, lol.
It was so fun to see her up close and she is so sweet.
We were in the studio with her before she was interviewed..
really exciting! We didn't get a picture with her or an
autograph :( but I was so thankful for my friends
adventerous spirit that takes me out of my comfort
zone. We snapped these photo's during her interview.
Thank you Stehanie Meyer for a great series
of books and character's we have all fallen in love with.
Can't wait for book four!!
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Your success is huge, and it's come really fast. How do you explain it?
STEPHENIE MEYER: I didn't realize the books would appeal to people so broadly. I think some of it's because Bella is an everygirl. She's not a hero, and she doesn't know the difference between Prada and whatever else is out there. She doesn't always have to be cool, or wear the coolest clothes ever. She's normal. And there aren't a lot of girls in literature that are normal. Another thing is that Bella's a good girl, which is just sort of how I imagine teenagers, because that's how my teenage years were.
Was that because of your religion? Oh yeah. I grew up in a community where it was not the exception to be a good girl. It was sort of expected. And all of my friends were good girls too, and my boyfriends were good boys. Everybody was pretty nice. And that affects how I write my characters. There aren't very many bad guys in my novels. Even the bad guys usually have a pretty good reason for the way they are, and some of them come around in the end. I don't see the world as full of negatives.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Mel, I'm so jealous that you got to see her! I am such a huge fan of her too. In fact, I just wrote a post on our blog about her and her new book, The Host. It's my new favorite! :-) I can't wait for book four either! Oh, we're so silly, but it's so darn fun. I love it!