Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The curse of the wallpaper

Once upon time a family found a house they LOVED. They went thru the process of buying this lovely home only to later realize...almost every room had wallpaper. Now, the mom of that house...refers to wallpaper as a swear word. The end.
I have four rooms left in our home that have wallpaper. Three, floor to ceiling. We are tackling two of those rooms in the next three months.
For their birthdays, Matt and Kenn are getting their rooms redone. We have been here four and 1/2 years now and thought it was time to make them their own. Kenn's is first...we are trying to get it done by her bday this weekend.
She has chosen a polka dot theme of these fun and yummy bright colors.



So if any of you are in the neighborhood....stop by. I am sure I have an extra scraper ;)

3 comments:

allison said...

Sounds like a lot of work but a great idea for a birthday gift.
I love what she has picked out, it is so colorful and I love polka dots. You will have to post the finished product. :)

PS I took your Princess quiz. What a cute thing...I am Cinderella.

Rachel said...

Ahh that is going to be SOOO cute!! you better keep us all posted on the progress! I bet kenna is so excited!!

I kept thinking about that show- It was with debbie something- she's canadian... Anyways they did a bathroom with all polka dots. I thought it was cool! I'm sure this one will be amazing!

Nat said...

Oh boy! Scraping wallpaper sounds like a blast - he, he! but I love the new theme picked out. That will be so cute! I'm excited to see the finished result. Good luck...