I would like to share the following experience out of my journal:
September 7, 2008
For Easter, I believe, all the kids got gift cards for their ipods in their easter baskets.
Matt never used his. Seems like when he found the card, the ipod was lost or not charged. And then later on our internet was down so he couldn’t access the store anyway. We finally got the internet working and found the ipod and now of course….the gift card is no where to be found. Matt has a tendency to loose things but this really upset him. He felt bad and new it was something of worth. He looked everywhere…with Makenna’s help he looked everywhere we thought it might be. No luck.
This went on for a few weeks. Today I really started to look while I was cleaning. Matt had come in for a drink and I said while you mow the lawn…I will help look for your gift card. He then exclaimed matter of factly, “ I have been praying for help that I find it - so I bet we will .” What an example my children are to me.
I am sooo happy that Matthew can turn to our Father in Heaven in prayer. That he has that testimony that He is there and is ready to listen.
I took this example and went to my room and on my knees said my own prayer to our Father in Heaven.
Thanking him for such wonderful children and also asked for help finding the gift card. I then continued dusting and looked thru a few drawers in our filing cabinet (ones we had all looked thru many times before) and there was the gift card. Need I say more???
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wow, how neat! I love those kind of stories. Your two kids are seriously very special kids, that's for sure. :) (and by the way, what were you doing up so early this morning, missy?) =0)
Ha Ha - insomnia unfortunately. My aches and pains got the best of me last night!
What a beautiful post! It gave me chills. You all are such a neat family, and what amazing children you have! They are getting so grown up, I still can't believe it. I love hearing all about them. And I'm glad you found the gift card. :-)
Post a Comment