I enjoy cooking. Our current kitchen situation often deters my enjoyment a little but sometimes I have the oomph to dive in and make a mess like you see here =) When I have made a basic goulash before...it seems to have more of a strong tomato taste and I have not known how to season it to make it more yummy! I really liked this recipe and so did the family so I thought I would share it! If anyone would like to borrow my little kitchen here...it's clean now....and it's free tomorrow. I'm not cooking ;)
Budget Friendly Goulash
1 T oil
1 large onion chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb gound beef
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 green pepper, chopped
1 T chili powder
1 t paprika
1 T tomato paste
2 cans dices tomatoes (I used italian stewed tomatoes)
8 oz - your favorite pasta (we love mini bowtie)
Cook the onion and pepper in the hot oil. Add the hamburger and cook until done. Add remaining ingredients and simmer well and add to cooked macaroini when ready to serve.
We also added kidney beans. Yum.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
YUM! We're so trying this next week!!
Oh yeah- did you just add a can or how many kidney beans?
Sorry :0) yes - 1 can kidney beans!
Post a Comment