Our little neighborhood book group had a very special guest this month. If you will indulge me to remind you of this post http://steinerstory.blogspot.com/2009/10/culinary-mystery.html My Mom has had a year or so of some rough health problems and her love for cross stitch and reading have really been great positive things for her. She is the voice in my head to always be the best "me" and do what I can for others. She is selfless and a great example of Christlike service. I love you Mom :) Back to my story... I just had a wild idea of how fun it would be to read one of Josi's books for book group and see if she might be willing to come. Well - it took me a week to get my nerve - lol - but I did and here we are!
I made "High Tea Lemon Cookies" and "Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons" both recipes found in her book "English Trifle". Kenna helped dip the macaroons. Yum!
My friend Nikki who is an avid reader and she heads up our little book group. She is also known to my extended family as "Henry's Mom"...I have many cute pics of little H on my blog. She has helped me find so many great books!
My wonderful Mom and Sis!
My awesome friend Carrie and partner in crime who opened her lovely home for our evening. Her and her sister's have been readers of Josi's books also so it was fun to plan the night with her and she made a delightful "English Trifle" ....... of course! I think you can find some of the recipes on line also at http://www.josiskilpack.com/ but I would suggest just reading the books of course! It was a delightful night of her great stories and insights of how she got started writing and we laughed and enjoyed it so much. Thanks Josi!




2 comments:
Thanks for posting these. It was such a great night!! You are awesome, for thinking of asking her and getting up the "nerve"!!! Thanks so much!! We should difinately ask Julie Wright to come when we read her book! Thanks again!!
I must try those cookies!! I'm so jealous she came to your book night! So fun!
Post a Comment