Among other things my Mother taught us the importance of enjoying the small things in life. The smell of a candle, the colors of a bird, lace on a tablecloth....tiny bells on a flower. She is the party planner extaordinaire! And on a small budget - her little touches amazed all at our birthday parties, holidays, and family get togethers. She was always clipping ideas out of magazines - decorating, recipes, or fun crafts for us to do. When I visited the other day she had a few pages from a magazine with a new recipe to try and it just warmed my heart and brought back wonderful memories.
She has always served the Lord and others around her. She has always had health problems but many wouldn't know it because she never complains. Even now as she battles kidney and liver disease, she continues to care for my Grandmother and those around her. She is beautiful on the inside and out. She created a place where we could learn and be loved. She can sing, paint, sew, play the piano (self taught), crochet, knit, watercolor, garden, cook........I could go on. (As I was struggling with a recent sewing project, one of my first, ...Matt kindly wondered why I was having so much trouble 'cause "Grandma is so good at it" ha ha...maybe that darn apple does fall a little far some times....) I will be forever greatful for all she has taught me, and for the things she tried to teach me but I was to stubborn to learn at the time ;)
She brings joy to everything around her. In President Uchtdorf's book The Remarkable Soul of A Woman....one part really reminded me of my Mom.
She brings joy to everything around her. In President Uchtdorf's book The Remarkable Soul of A Woman....one part really reminded me of my Mom.
"Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before - colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter."
She is truly a Remarkable Soul. Thanks Mom for blessing the lives of us...and many generations to come.



No comments:
Post a Comment