Sunday, May 22, 2011

City of Brigham

The kids and I took a little road trip Saturday to Brigham City.  Growing up I had a cousin who lived there and I would stay with her during the summer.  I have such fond memories of our summers together and I just love the tree lined streets and feel of the town.
We were excited to see the progress of the temple.  It is located right across the street from the Tabernacle.  What an amazing and exciting site!












 Another of my favorite things about Brigham City is my favorite cafe, Idle Isle.  I have blogged about this before but this little cafe opened up in 1921 as an ice cream and candy store.  The business evolved into a restaurant along with the candy store.  In 2004 they moved the candy portion of the store across the street as business was booming :)
We enjoyed a great lunch and couldn't leave without a little box of chocolates...and toffee....and rock candy....and.................


No comments: