Monday, May 30, 2011

Family

J and K came down for Sunday dinner.  Our dear ol' Dad is out of town still.....we miss him but we had a great time together as a family.  Nights like this, make me long so much for days gone by.  We have had some pretty great times together and doing normal stuff like we did tonight - is what it's all about.  After dinner we made caramel corn to go with our movie.  Jeff ran the popper, I was on caramel duty, Matt was putting the movie in and the girls were in charge of keeping us company and sneaking sweetened condensed milk from the can behind my back - ha ha.  With Kristen in college and the kids older and busy, we do not get many nights like this.  I was in heaven!

















And if just being together wasn't fun enough - I was surprised by J and K with a wonderful mother's day gift.  A beautiful bench Jeff made and Kristen made the cushion.  This has a wonderful place by our back door.  I had suggested a bench would be a great thing because our Dad doesn't like to take off his shoes in the house and he said he would if there was a place to sit as he comes in.
Yahoo! - honey - there is room for size twelves in that cubby!
THANKS Guys!  I love it!

No comments: