We celebrated with a taco bar with all the fix ins. We told funny stories, laughed, and talked about when we were little. The kids get a kick out of those stories.
I have recently remembered something that I haven't thought about it years. When I was little we would go to a little ceramic shop in Ogden with our Mom. One year I did this ceramic cat. Not the little sit on your shelf kind but the slight larger sit on your floor kind. It was all white and I did the eyes green. I was pretty proud of that cat and when we moved to Layton she kept it in the living room. Our living room was our nicest furniture, curtains, decor etc. It was the 'nice' room in our house and mom would go in there to listen to her classical music. (I think that's what kept us out - ha ha) I remember feeling proud that my little cat got to be part of that decor. Finding the cat years later I realized it was just a white cat, the painting on the eyes was out of lines, etc. Because I had seen my ceramic cat thru my mom's eyes....I had never seen the armature work of art it really was. So thanks mom...for always celebrating our accomplishments...and making me feel like an artist.....until I got old enough to know better ;)


1 comment:
aww...
Post a Comment