Friday, April 2, 2010

The Tortoise and the Parakeet

Some mornings as I am getting ready - Kenna's little bird (Jet - a girl - who new?) becomes quite vocal.  She chirps occasionally but I started to notice this again and again.  Everyone is off to school and it's just me and Libby.  I periodically go in her room to see what's up.  Our little girl often forget's the needs of these little animals (sorry for ratting you out Kenn) so I check and make sure she has water etc.  Well, as I check on the bird I notice her turtle (Edgar, also a girl) is also awake.  Well I cannot bear that this small creature is hungry for breakfast and so I grab a handful of lettuce and feed the turtle also.  This is where I insert Shawn's voice "now who's animals are these ? :) In Kenn's defense...she does feed the turtle every afternoon but he usually is still sleeping when she goes to school.  Well I began to notice on these occassional days that as soon as I feed the turtle....the bird stops chirping.  Well I am not she sharpest tack in the package but I caught on quick enough that our little Jet has Edgar's back.  How funny is that!  I have tried to get Kenna to part with these fun pets now that she is older and more busy - but she cannot bare it. 
How cute is she?



















Please excuse the bad tape up job on Edgars box...it cracked :(




 Jet might have a small incentive here....she sometimes get a taste for being a voice for those who have none.













Did I mention that box turtles live to be 100  - oy.

No comments: