Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sew Much Fun

For our RS meeting this month - our theme was Homemaking and we decided it would be fun to offer a simple sewing project for those who a) want to learn how to sew and b) those who know how but would like to come and make something simple.  Our 2nd counselor did such a great job finding a simple apron that you make out of two dishtowels and then you add ribbon for the ties.  Here are some of our "models" with their finished aprons! How cute are they! AND finished project - $1.50!






Once we started this project - all kinds of ideas ran thru my little head and so I tracked down these cute dish towels and we made these (from a different pattern) ...... LOVE them!










I have been so inspired by this new adventure (you should have heard the fuss I was making when they made ME sew my own apron) that I was able to make this (below)....all by myself.  My Mother was quite proud! She helped me figure a few things out and get started.







So my friends I leave you with a thought to ponder.....Maybe you CAN teach an old dog new tricks?!  :) 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

ahh! all your projects turned out great! you're so crafty!!