Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Decade

The end of June marks my ten year anniversary working at my current job. Wow! is all I can say.  I am so grateful for the job I have and how good they are to work with a working Mom....asking for more hours....asking for less hours.....I have not been an easy employee to have around all these years ;)
Over the past ten years, many other employees have come and gone.  Quite a few are counted among my most treasured life long friends.  What a privilege it has been to have them in my life.  Some that have gone I still keep in contact with.  How fun!  I love the people I work with - I mean how can you resist a group of people that have put up with you for ten long years, ha ha!
I had a huge surprise last Monday on my desk! (well, this isn't my desk but it had to be moved for picture purposes ;) but this is my 'corner')











Thank you so much guys!  You made my year!  My 'summer' sign has a new home on the end of my cupboard in the kitchen.  It's perfect and so are all of you.  I mean who else would be prepared to lock a girl in the bathroom if she came out before the surprise was ready?  Now that's true friendship!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

MELANIE!!!!! Thanks so much for sending this to me. Wow. You really started 10 years ago. What a difference a decade makes! I'm so happy for you, you are the best employee anyone can hope for. I am so glad I was there when you started. I too count you as one of my dearest friends! I only have 4.5 weeks left of school and I will start blogging again, yay! :) I've been peaking at your blog every now and again and love keeping up on you. :)