Friday, July 17, 2009

Adding a litte "spark"

Just a little update on the remodel...the roof is almost done....Shawn has been out in the field all week and also working up on the roof after a 10-12 hour day with the help of our neighbor Rob...needless to say..it has been a l o n g week for him. Thanks for all your hard work honey!!

Our neighbor who is a landscaper did a great job redoing the sprinklers. He also hauled away the extra dirt and leveled out the backyard but I am missing the grass already :( We will lay sod in the fall.

Our new kitchen window is taking about three weeks to get here - my sister keeps asking me "where are the updates" ?? LOL....I told her I just didn't have much to report...the kids have been on a river trip for youth conference and it has been pretty quiet around here until TODAY!
This one's for you Betty! (not really her name but a seriously funny story behind it :0)
My Mom came over today (thanks Mom) and helped me plan out where to put all the light switches and outlets etc. and so they were wired in today.

This pic shows where the pipes are for hot and cold water - yea!!!! I think that happened Tuesday.

Awesome...a little power for the microwave!!

We are getting closer and closer to tearing that wall down....we have a few more bids coming in for cabinets and then it's full steam ahead....woooo woooo. (that' my train whistle if anyone missed it)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Waiting for the 'window'. Good grief. I'm listening to Michael Jackson and playing with Windsor....It doesn't get much better than this. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Betty Gardiner

Nat said...

So exciting! I love it!

flower2416 said...

It's going good! Such hard work!

Anonymous said...

Sis....You are my hero...You are always there when I need you.