Monday, July 27, 2009

July 24th

As tradition...we always attend the bountiful handcart days parade. Grandpa Steiner goes early and reserves our spot.
We get there early and Grandma Steiner has fun games that we play before the parade starts.
Cheese!

Uncle Todd giving the camera his usual funny face

Shawn, Kristen and the gang watching the parade...

One of my favorite floats...
I love Pioneer Day. What a great opportunity to think of our ancestors who have gone before us and who sacrificed so much. Losing loved ones...their children... as they made their journey. As we sat there in 100 degree weather..I thought of walking miles, hot, hungry, tired, with only faith, hope and each other to get them through. Then I thought, what more would you need...faith and prayer. It's what I use. It's how I get strength for the hills and valleys in this life.
I love traditions...family time....togetherness....even if it is outside...melting... in 100 degree weather :)

No comments: